Rasashastra & Bhaishajyakalpana (Iatrochemistry and Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics) is the unique branch of Ayurveda, deals with the selection and collection of genuine raw drugs, different processing / Samskaras, preparation of different herbal, herbo-mineral, metallic etc. formulations; with their therapeutic indications, dose, anupana, pathya-apathya etc. in detail. Department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana mainly deal with the pharmacognosy & Pharmaceutical aspects (Oushadha Nirmana) of Ayurveda.
Vision and mission:-
To mould the next generation of Vaidyas to prepare, different Kalpanas / Rasayanas / Ayurvedic formulations mentioned in Ayurveda Granthas and to ensure its quality, from the collection of drugs to its preparation with standard operative procedures; along with a research oriented approach to obtain optimum skill in the field of Ayurveda Pharmaceutics.
- Vaidya Sreejith R. B.A.M.S. MD (Ay) – Associate Professor & H.O.D
- Vaidya Sreelakshmi U. B.A.M.S. MD (Ay)- Associate Professor
- Mrs. Sheeja
- Mrs. Nisha
The department has all the facilities to maintain the Academic standards. The department is well furnished with a full-fledged,
- Department library
- Rare specimens
- Rasashala and
The Activities of the department are categorized under three levels – Academy, Research and Pharmacy.
- The Academic activities mainly intended to create an in depth idea of the subject among students and make them confident to prepare the medicines required in their Clinical Practice. Also we focus to create awareness among practitioners about the basic aspects of industrial preparation of medicine.
- The research activities is concentrated on developing new formulations which are more cost effective, user friendly, that require minimum resources and that has a sustainable availability. It also focuses in unveiling the mechanism behind the preparation methods and mode of action of our formulations and tries to interpret it both clinically and analytically.
- The focal point of pharmacy is to prepare quality products at affordable cost to meet the demand of our hospital.
Practical section for students:
Includes preparation of different,
|Parpati rasayanas||Pottali rasayanas||Kupipakwa rasayanas|
etc. all the kalpanas mentioned in Granthas.
- Aushadha sevana day
- Ghruta sambharana
- Suvarna bindu nirmana
- Karkidaka kanji nirmana etc.
- Rasa shastra teaching lab
- Bhaishajya Kalpana teaching lab
- Quality control lab
- Department Library
- Medicine manufacturing unit
Clinical application of Rasoushadhi
by Dr M. Gopikrishna, Prof. & H.O.D SJG Ayurveda medical college, Karnataka – 5th February 2020